guix-devel

Re: Quicklisp importer bug in tarball->extract->parse

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Quicklisp importer bug in tarball->extract->parse
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 09:15:35 +0200

swedebugia <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> Thanks a lot for taking the time to look at this.
>
> On 2019-04-11 16:31, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've had time to look at it a little.
>>
>> If you want to debug, you can, for instance, put a breakpoint in
>> guess-requirements-from-source,
>
> How exactly do you do this?

See

,help debug

from the Guile REPL.
In particular

,break PROCEDURE

should do what you want.

>  (memoize

`memoize' takes a procedure as argument, not an arbitrary expression.
For instance in the following

(let ((mfoo (memoize foo)))
  (mfoo 17)
  (mfoo 17))

`foo' will be called only once.

You don't have to use `memoize' though, you can also store the value you
want in a local variable and check if it's set or not.  We can always
refine the code later.

>> It seems that you are on the right track, great job!
>
> Thanks for the encouragement!

And thanks for giving this a shot! :)

--
Pierre Neidhardt