guix-devel

Re: X/GDM fails on linux 5.0.7 AMD Radeon RX 580 after system reconfigur

From: ison
Subject: Re: X/GDM fails on linux 5.0.7 AMD Radeon RX 580 after system reconfigure
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 20:20:10 -0600

Ok this solution has resolved the issue for me on a newly updated system.

Note that deleting both shader caches was required, and also if the caches get
rebuilt on a new generation and then I try to boot into an older previously
working generation then that generation will display graphics artifacts until
the caches are deleted again.

So switching between mesa compiled with llvm 6 and 7 on AMD RX 580 either
backward or forward requires manually deleting the shader caches.

Thanks again for the help.