guix-devel

Packaging Grisbi

From: Tanguy Le Carrour
Subject: Packaging Grisbi
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 14:11:01 +0200

Hello Guix!

This is my first packaging attempt, please be indulgent…

I decided to start small and be a little chauvinistic by packaging
Grisbi "an application written by French developers"! :-)

```
(define-module (gnu packages grisbi)
  #:use-module (guix packages)
  #:use-module (guix download)
  #:use-module (guix build-system glib-or-gtk)
  #:use-module (gnu packages gtk)
  #:use-module (gnu packages glib)
  #:use-module (gnu packages gnome)
  #:use-module (gnu packages pkg-config)
  #:use-module (guix licenses))

(define-public grisbi
  (package
    (name "grisbi")
    (version "1.2.1")
    (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
              (uri (string-append
                     "mirror://sourceforge/projects/grisbi/files/"
                     "grisbi stable/1.2.x/" version "/grisbi-" version
                     ".tar.bz2/download"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "0j6jq0h4kkhyqhdprhaw4zk6sn89s4a9h0m8i8hh5sc7fbi88nyq"))))
    (build-system glib-or-gtk-build-system)
    (arguments
     `(#:configure-flags (list "--without-ofx" "--without-goffice")))
    (inputs
      `(("gtk+" ,gtk+)
        ("libgsf" ,libgsf)))
    (native-inputs
      `(("glib" ,glib "bin")             ; glib-compile-schemas
        ("pkg-config" ,pkg-config)
        ("intltool" ,intltool)))
    (synopsis "Personnal accounting application")
    (description "Grisbi is an application written by French developers,
so it perfectly respects French accounting rules.  Grisbi can manage
multiple accounts, currencies and users.  It manages third party,
expenditure and receipt categories, budgetary lines, financial years,
budget estimates, bankcard management and other information that make Grisbi
adapted for associations.")
    (home-page "http://grisbi.org";)
    (license gpl2+)))
```

So far, it builds, it lints, it's installable… and it works!
It still has a small amnesia problem: each time I start it, it's acting like
it's the first time. It seems to be a dconf issue, for I get the following
error message:

```
failed to commit changes to dconf:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:
The name ca.desrt.dconf was not provided by any .service files
```

Installing dconf does not solve the problem, though.

I also don't know where to put it! In its own `grisbi.scm` file? Or
alongside gnucash in a new `finance.scm` file?

Any comment and piece of advice is welcome!

--
Tanguy