guix-devel

Re: packaging postgrest, haskell patches

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: packaging postgrest, haskell patches
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 23:31:06 +0200

Hello Robert!

Robert Vollmert <address@hidden> skribis:

> Some questions/open issues:
>
> * I’ve submitted a few patches to the haskell packages
>   that are required for this:
>   - #36108 and #36038 fix package conflicts between ghc-included
>     modules and packaged modules
>   - #36499 updates the dependency ghc-primitive
>   Should I wait for those to be merged, or lump them all
>   together?
> * I’m a bit unclear on where to file the various new
>   ghc-* packages. Currently it’s more or less aribtrarily spread
>   across a bunch of modules, compare the github link above.
>
>   Should I go ahead with moving towards an organization as
>   suggested here?
>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-06/msg00181.html

I think we should get input from Timothy, Ricardo, and anyone with an
interest in Haskell packaging.  But I think you’re a good candidate for
the honorific position of Haskell Package Overseer.  :-)

Regarding the module organization, I think it makes sense to add more
haskell-*.scm modules, though I’m unsure about the hackage splitting you
propose—is it helpful to split it like this?

Thoughts?

Ludo’.