guix-devel

automake warning

From: Robert Vollmert
Subject: automake warning
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 10:57:19 +0200

When I run `make` in the guix repository, I always get the following
block of warnings at the start:

configure.ac:23: warning: The 'AM_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro is deprecated, and its
use is discouraged.
configure.ac:23: You should use the Autoconf-provided 'AC_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro
instead,
configure.ac:23: and use '$(MKDIR_P)' instead of '$(mkdir_p)'in your
Makefile.am files.
Makefile.am:613: warning: AM_GNU_GETTEXT used but 'po' not in SUBDIRS

I tried figuring out what’s wrong, but am a bit at a loss. Web search indicates
this might
have to do with an old gettext version, but that info is from several years,
and should have
been fixed for a while. Any ideas?

Robert