guix-devel

Re: Gender neutral documentation

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: Gender neutral documentation
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 17:15:54 -0300

Hi!
I would like to help in translating to Spanish if you need to :)

Latin languages are pretty bad at that.  In Spanish, people sometimes
replace the “a” and “o” suffixes (which denote feminine and masculine)
with “@” or with “e”.
Here we use "e" or "x" for gender neutrality (ie: les usuaries, or lxs usuarixs for "the users", the reason of using an "e" is that you can pronounce it, while @ or x not). However, nothing is approved by Real Academia Española.

Regards :)
Laura