guix-devel

Re: Error cross-compiling Mesa: failing test

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Error cross-compiling Mesa: failing test
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 19:34:38 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Marius: you told me to update master, but

>> guix refresh -l mesa
> Building the following 822 packages would ensure 1514 dependent packages are
> rebuilt:
>
> I'd say this should go to staging.  Thoughts?

This change only affects i686 cross-builds of Mesa, because the
conditional is tested outside of the builder.  I.e. "guix build mesa"
should produce the same result before and after this change, even on
i686.  If that is the case, it is safe for 'master'.

I'm still not sure whether it is sensible for meson-build-system to run
tests when cross-compiling, but that is another story.  :-)