guix-devel

Re: Cannot install `python-pastel`

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Cannot install `python-pastel`
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 13:48:33 +0200

Tanguy,

Tanguy Le Carrour 写道:
I guess it must be a problem on my side as all the packages go through
CI!?

No and yes but.

All packages do ‘go through CI’: ci.guix.gnu.org builds each new package, and whenever that succeeds, everyone gets a nice substitute for it.

However: we don't use CI success as a condition for merging commits to master (a commit must already be on master for CI to even see it). There's also no ‘stable’ branch that only gets commits that were successfully CI'd. Committers or users aren't notified of CI failure in any way.

There is much room for improvement in this area. However, *for me*, the false negative level is still too high to justify working on it.

Kind regards,

T G-R