guix-devel

Re: Reminder to keep posts on topic

From: Mikhail Kryshen
Subject: Re: Reminder to keep posts on topic
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 18:17:58 +0300

Excuse me, Ricardo, but if this project is political (as you have
stated), then there are political issues that are relevant to its
development.  Otherwise, what does it mean for a project to be
political?  And since the "joint statement" is published on the Guix
website, the politics it invokes must be relevant to the project.

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi František,
>
> it surprises me that I have to repeat this, but discussions that not
> relate to the development of Guix are off topic on this list.

Then, please, apply the same standards to yourself as you demand of
others and remove the off-topic statement from the Guix website.  Doing
so would not, of course, automatically invalidate the message of the
statement, which is a separate issue that, I agree, should be discussed
elsewhere.

> Please respect the many subscribers to this list by keeping your posts
> to this list on topic.

Yes, please, also respect the readers of the Guix website and remove the
off-topic statement from there.

--
Mikhail