guix-devel

Unikernel build and deploy systems?

From: John Soo
Subject: Unikernel build and deploy systems?
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 10:35:08 -0700

Hi guix!

I have a more conceptual question than technical. I am really curious about
unikernels and I know there is work to support the Hurd. So my thinking is:
would it be possible to make a build and deployment system for unikernels?
Advantages I see coming from guix are provenance tracking built in, a growing
support for deployment systems and standardized build environments and steps.
Major caveats are that I’m quite unfamiliar with virtualization technology and
unikernels. They just are so tempting to me.

Thanks!

John