guix-devel

Re: Fwd: Running individual system tests

From: Daniel Schäfer
Subject: Re: Fwd: Running individual system tests
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 14:03:20 +0200

So you're saying, I have to run

```
./bootstrap
./configure
make
./pre-inst-env guix build my-new-package
```

which builds the daemon, and compiles all Guile modules?
And I have to do it, whenever I want to run any system test, or build an in-tree package (which I'm going to submit for inclusion)? Or more precisely: It has to be run, once, before I do those things. Question: Doesn't it ever have to be rerun? How are new modules compiled?

It takes 33 minutes on my laptop and is only going to take longer, when Guix gets bigger. Is there maybe an interpreted mode? Or could this be better with Guile 3.0 JIT?

- Daniel