guix-devel

Re: “Guix Profiles in Practice”

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: “Guix Profiles in Practice”
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 21:06:02 +0100

On 27/10/2019 12:30, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
Another talk could be about programming Guix from the REPL. Guix as a
DSL if you will. Anyone interested in doing a talk about that?
I would be very interested if someone could explain how they hack with
Geiser: I'm still frustrated with it on a daily basis :p I'm in
particular interested in debugging.

I thought I was the only one having difficulties with Geiser and Guix. Plenty of Geiser features that work fine with small programs seem to fail with Guix, perhaps because of the sheer size of the codebase. Jumping to symbol definitions, for example, or access to documentation.

Konrad.