guix-devel

Re: Speaking about Guix at NL-RSE 2019

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: Speaking about Guix at NL-RSE 2019
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 00:10:57 +0530

> Sure, take whatever you find useful from
> <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/talks/>.
>
> In the context of this conference it probably makes sense to discuss
> how Guix fits in the big picture of reproducible science (as in the
> aramis-2019 and jcad-2018 sub-directories above, for example).

Sure, will take what I can from these.

>> I'm travelling all the way from India. This is my first time to Europe,
>> and I might not travel to Europe again in a long time. I will be in
>> Amsterdam from November 19 to November 25. If anyone is around and would
>> like to meet, do contact me off list. All this is subject to my visa
>> being approved. I will likely know about that within the next 48 hours.
>
> I won’t be around unfortunately.  It’s a long way from India, but if you
> have the possibility to come to Brussels in February for FOSDEM and for
> the Guix Days, that’d be a good opportunity to meet many Guix!

I definitely won't be able to make it to this FOSDEM. And, considering
how expensive it is to travel from India to Europe, I'd probably not be
able to make it at least for several more years. :-( For NL-RSE 2019, my
institute (Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru) is sponsoring my
travel.

> Have a good trip & conference!

Thank you! :-)