guix-devel

RE: guix gc doesn't seem to clean old guix revision

From: YOANN P
Subject: RE: guix gc doesn't seem to clean old guix revision
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 11:13:53 +0000

> Hi Yoann,

Hi Ludo,

> I had not understood that.  I guess the patch below fixes it, I’ll push
> t shortly.

> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

Look great, but IMO, your addition, "(passwd:name (getpwuid (getuid))))",
should be the only way to get the username since $USER and $LOGNAME
could be overridden or unset.

I don't always do it in my own scripts, but it is better to do not relay on
env vars when you want something to be bulletproof.

Since there is "passwd:dir pw", $HOME could be replaced with it too.

Thanks,
Yoann