guix-devel

Re: Bioconductor package flowPeaks license Artistic 1.0?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Bioconductor package flowPeaks license Artistic 1.0?
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 15:40:28 +0100

zimoun <address@hidden> writes:

> This fix -- reuse all the free available code and replace the non-free
> one -- do not scale.
> So the question is: What is the scale we are talking about? How many
> packages in Bioconductor?
> If it is, say, a couple then it is doable. Or see with the people
> managing Bioconductor.
> If it is more, then the option is lobbying. :-)

In my experience tt happens rarely enough that it appears to scale just
fine.  Every time it happens is a drag, of course, but only a small
percentage of CRAN and Bioconductor packages suffers from problems like
that.  That’s still an estimated dozens of packages, but it’s not quite
as bad as it may seem.

--
Ricardo