guix-devel

Re: [Proposal] The Formal Methods in GNU Guix Working Group

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Re: [Proposal] The Formal Methods in GNU Guix Working Group
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 20:59:15 -0600

> The domain name would have to be discussed with others (other
> maintainers in particular; perhaps a better choice would be
> formal-methods.guix.info or fm.guix.info, next to hpc.guix.info), but
> the idea sounds great to me!

That is, of course, reasonable that we should pass this along for a
community decision among the maintainers. Though, I do wonder a bit
about the HPC project in its decision to host its domain on *.guix.info
and use the Gitlab instance instead of Savannah for developing the haunt
page? I am making an assumption it is for historical reasons, rather
than it being intentionally to distance itself from our relationship
with the GNU project, but I would like to know the story behind this
decision.

I am personally not partial to either domain: fm.guix.info or
fm.guix.gnu.org. I just wonder about how that original decision came
about :).

--
Brett M. Gilio
GNU Guix, Contributor | GNU Project, Webmaster