guix-devel

Re: extending the documentation of the Scheme API

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: extending the documentation of the Scheme API
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 09:20:57 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus writes:

Hello Ricardo

> we have lots of nice macros and procedures in Guix that aren’t
> documented beyond their docstrings.
>
> Should we snarf the docstrings and add them to the manual?

If you are talking about guix records and (guix build utils); I think it
would be great if these were split off from Guix.  I guess that
documenting them right now, as a first step, would be nice in itself.

I am not sure where Guix records could go (Guile?); but many (guix build
utils) could move to Gash or a common library even.  WDYT?

Greetings,
jannneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com