guix-devel

Re: Medium-term road map

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Medium-term road map
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 22:18:17 +0200

Hi,

Jack Hill <address@hidden> skribis:

> * Continued development of guix deploy. Figuring out how to deploy
> secrets to remote machines would be great.

Right.  I think ‘guix deploy’ development will be fueled by people using
it to do things beyond the simple use cases (the build farm,
single-machine deployments) and reporting on what’s missing.

> * Accessibility for the installer. I don't know where we stand
> currently, but it would be great to know and make improvements.

Yup!

> * Sandboxing of applications. What would a Guix System with SELinux
> enforcement look like?

Related to that there were discussions on taking advantage of user
namespaces and ‘call-with-container’:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2018-01/msg00118.html

I’m sure we could provide a nice answer.

> * GDM and GNOME-Shell Wayland sessions.
>
> * Continued improvements to bootstrapping and GNU Hurd efforts.

+1!

Ludo’.