guix-devel

Re: texlive-20190410-texmf.tar.xz again and again

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: texlive-20190410-texmf.tar.xz again and again
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 16:11:48 +0200

Hi Ricardo,

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 14:11, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> > I am often annoyed because when I run "guix upgrade", Guix
> > downloads again the heavy texlive-20190410-texmf.tar.xz
>
> could you tell us what bugs in the modular TeX Live packages make the
> use of the monolithic texlive package necessary?

Because I am lazy. :-)
My setup just works and I have not updated it, yet.
Well, I am trying now but which are the packages?
I mean I put texlive in my manifest and done, "C-c C-e l p" in
org-mode justs works. What are the minimal texlive packages I need to
have something similar?

> We should aim to fix the most annoying problems with the modular
> packages.

I agree so we should deprecate the big monolithic texlive.

All the best,
simon