guix-devel

Messed up with (guix ssh)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Messed up with (guix ssh)
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 12:02:55 +0200

Hi Guix,

I recently added a progress bar for ‘guix copy’:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=b03267df6d5ec44e9617b6aab0df14a2e79f822e

However that commit also includes a debugging leftover that breaks
‘send-files’ (in some but not all cases).  Can you spot it?

-         (missing (inferior-remote-eval
+         (missing (take files 20) #;(inferior-remote-eval
                    `(begin
                       (use-modules (guix)
I noticed it as I experienced the first problems (offloading would
sometimes fail while sending files) and fixed it:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=de83660dd386b73957fe4ad2dc08ce5b8e1f0e7f

I also add to re-update the ‘guix’ package.

So I wanted to give a heads-up and apologize.  It got me thinking; this
patch hadn’t gone through guix-patches, which could have prevented this,
maybe.

Ludo’.