guix-devel

Re: [OUTREACHY] toward a proposal?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: [OUTREACHY] toward a proposal?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 20:46:01 +0200

> On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 19:21, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:
>
>> Yes.  The idea is that there will be a large number of proposals but
>> only enough funding for one or two interns.  IIRC internship candidates
>> then pick a project they’d like to work on and eventually we decide
>> together with the mentors whom to accept for the internships.  So it
>> could be that there will only be one suitable internship candidate who
>> picked another project — in that case the IPFS project would not go
>> forward as an Outreachy internship.  If we’re lucky, though, we’ll get
>> enough suitable candidates so that all proposed projects can go forward.
>
> I committed something.

Thank you, I’ll try to read it tomorrow.

> Well, the GNU Guix has one intern founded for this round, if I read
> correctly.  Obviously, I can withdraw the proposal if it can help IPFS
> to reach master.

There is the possibility to get extra funding from Outreachy when there
are more suitable candidates than funded projects.  It’s an exceptional
case, but you won’t have to withdraw proposals.  In the worst case we
can carry the proposal to the next round of internships.

--
Ricardo