guix-devel

Re: Licensing issue with Gmsh?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Licensing issue with Gmsh?
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2020 01:49:30 +0200

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the review.

On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 at 23:59, Paul Garlick
<pgarlick@tourbillion-technology.com> wrote:

> The file is part of METIS and thereby covered by the Apache license.
> It only provides entry points for ParMETIS, so ignoring it in the build
> stage, in the way that Gmsh does, seems to be appropriate.

Fine.

> However, I notice from the patch that the Guix package metis is
> included as an input.  This means that the whole of the bundled
> 'contrib/metis' directory could be deleted after all.  If I remember
> correctly CMake gives preference to the 'system' packages ahead of the
> bundled packages.

Sorry, today was a bad day and  I failed in multi-tasking.
Well, I have tried to use the Guix package 'metis' instead of the
bundled one -- without success about the test suite.  Then when
sending the patch, I missed the remove (my personal unsafe-threading
;-)).  So the package v2 fixes that.  But the '(modules ...)' is not
necessary anymore.

All in all, the patch v3 is the good one.  Sorry for the mess.

<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/43761#3>

All the best,
simon