guix-devel

Possible error on glibc package specification

From: Anonymous_
Subject: Possible error on glibc package specification
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 06:34:12 -0300

I that even after installing glibc-2.31 gcc still cant build static binaries, I just used -static flag, which shows that libc.a is not present, Im just new in Guix then I do not know how to create packages or patches, but I believe the problem is around this part of package spec https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/base.scm#n851

I dont know Scheme at all, but those line around line 851 seems to be moving or not moving the statically linked correct, will probably can help when I learn how to debug package specifications, but Im sending this email because I think its worth to someone take a look. Since some applications relies on gcc being able to produce static binaries, another improvement can be to allow gcc produce static-pie by default.. Let me know what you all think.

I will probably get on IRC in a few days, I just dont get online because I had not time to configure Tor SASL authentication on freenode... For now i just I want to say that im enjoyng to use Guix :)

Regards, Anonymous_