guix-devel

Re: Specifying dependencies in manifest

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Specifying dependencies in manifest
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 13:52:48 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 at 11:41, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

>> how to specify "dependencies of package" in a manifest?
>
> There’s no standard procedure that does that currently (it’s buried in
> (guix scripts environment)) but it’d be nice to have.

I had a tiny patch that export ’package-environment-inputs’ as
’inputs-of’ and used it to create profiles. But my motivation had been
killed by bug#38529.  And now, it is rare that I need it and I use:

  guix time-machine -C channels -- environment foo --ad-hoc bar

because it is really rare that I need the dependencies of more that one
package.  Anyway!  It could be nice to have.

Maybe this function could go to the module imported by manifest.  WDYT?

All the best,
simon