guix-devel

Re: Staging branch

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Staging branch
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 22:50:42 +0200

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 03:24:02PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 10:57:39AM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> > In the interest of getting staging merged soon-ish I think it's best to
> > leave the kde-frameworks at 5.70 for now. A quick 'guix refresh -u -t
> > kde' had a couple of patches which didn't apply anymore and isn't
> > something I want to just run through.
> >
> > I would like to do it soon-ish though. We are starting to hit packages
> > which want a version of extra-cmake-modules newer than 5.70.
>
> Okay.
>
> I saw you did some work on the branch — thanks!
>
> Have you identified any other outstanding problems?

Python-arrow is blocking a couple of packages. Also offlate is blocked
by python-pygithub. qemu built for me on the 2nd or 3rd try. I don't
have a specific use case for either, but I know they build find on
master.

I haven't tried reconfiguring on staging yet but everything else seems to
build just fine.