guix-devel

Re: Feedback on a new simple firewall service OFF TOPIC PRAISE

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Feedback on a new simple firewall service OFF TOPIC PRAISE
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:53:53 -0400

Solene Rapenne <solene@perso.pw> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for advices and feedback. I wrote a simple service (reusing
> the iptables service as a start) that I called "firewall", the purpose

maybe eventually it could use nftables, which is the better newer version.

> is to block all incoming ports and list the ports you want to allow.
> The point is to allow users to easily manage their firewall without
> knowing about to use iptables. Most of the time opening a few ports and
> blocking everything is enough.

YES!  SWEET, ICY COLD, HOLY ALASKAN ASPARAGUS TIPS! THIS IS AWESOME!
How cool is it to abstract away the details for a firewall!?  Man I've
tried learning iptables, and it is just very weird syntax and hard to
understand!  Thanks for working on this!

I invite you to forward your original email to guix-patches@gnu.org.
That way you open a specific issue and your code is assigned a bug
number!

--
Joshua Branson (joshuaBPMan in #guix)
Sent from Emacs and Gnus