guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix 1.4.0 in September?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: GNU Guix 1.4.0 in September?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 00:49:22 -0700

Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps we can aim for the next release mid-September (core-updates).
> I'm not too sure of the status of core-updates right now, but last time
> I worked on it was in a rather good state.

I intend to try to get POWER9 working on core-updates before the next
release.  Hopefully the recent upgrade to GCC 10 will make it easier.

Anyone who wants to help with powerpc64le-linux is, of course, more than
welcome to coordinate and lend a hand!  I will be tagging bug reports
specific to powerpc64le-linux with the "powerpc64le-linux" usertag, for
the user "guix-devel@gnu.org".  You can see the open bugs tagged thusly
here:

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=powerpc64le-linux;users=guix-devel@gnu.org

For details on usertags, start here: