guix-devel

Re: Authenticating maintenance.git

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Authenticating maintenance.git
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 17:46:59 -0700

Hi Ludo,

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> It looks like you’re missing a local ‘keyring’ branch for that repo, no?
>
> I think you need to run:
>
>   git fetch
>   git branch --track keyring

This works, basically.  Thank you!

Details: When master is currently checked out, that "git branch" command
actually creates a local branch named "keyring" that tracks my local
"master" branch, which is probably not what you meant I should do.  In
the end, "git branch --track keyring origin/keyring" worked for me: it
created a local branch named "keyring" that tracks remote branch
"origin/keyring".  After that, I was able to run the pre-push hook
without issue!

--
Chris