guix-devel

Guix Home nnn service

From: jgart
Subject: Guix Home nnn service
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 17:58:36 -0400

Hi Guix,

I had originally proposed this idea to guix-home-manager but never got around
to implementing it:

https://framagit.org/tyreunom/guix-home-manager/-/issues/15

I'd like to pick it up again and try implementing it this time for guix home.

Has anyone already written a nnn service for guix home?

nnn is mostly configured through environment variables while default programs
are
managed by xdg:

https://github.com/jarun/nnn/wiki/Usage#configuration

I imagine this could compose nicely with the xdg service already provided by
guix home.

Any advice or ideas for implementation with guix home are much appreciated.

all best,

jgart

3B1D 7F19 E36B B60C 0F5B 2CA9 A52A A2B4 77B6 DD35