guix-devel

Re: Wireguard

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: Wireguard
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 20:35:02 +0200

crodges schreef op wo 06-10-2021 om 09:28 [-0700]:
> [...]
> I was able to create and run the vm. How can I build a .iso image with my
> code
> changes to install in a vps? I tried to change the code, compile, run
>
> guix system image -t iso9660 gnu/system/install.scm

Don't forget ./pre-inst-env:

make && ./pre-inst-env guix system image -t iso9660 gnu/system/install.scm

Also, the installer won't use your locally modified guix.  IIUC,
it will use the 'guix' package, which is normally only used by a few services
like cuirass and guix-daemon, and for the initial installation.

It shouldn't be necessary to reinstall Guix System, I'd recommend sending a
copy of
the locally-modified guix repo to your VM, build it, and reconfigure inside the
VM
(./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure ...) instead.

However, it should also be possible to modify the guix used by the installer,
using the
procedure (current-guix) and and the macro modify-services, see
gnu/tests/install.scm
for an example.

> then I grabbed the .iso from the /gnu/store
>
> but after installing it, it didn't contain my changes. Am I grabbing the
> wrong
> iso, if so, how should I do this? I may be confusing guix installed in my pc
> with the one I'm making changes.

Greetins,
Maxime.