guix-devel

Test parallelism with CMake

From: Liliana Marie Prikler
Subject: Test parallelism with CMake
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 09:56:24 +0200

Hi Greg,

for the purposes of GNU Guix, #:parallel-build? and #:parallel-tests?
are distinct flags and the latter (if implemented) would apply to the
check phase.  Our cmake-build-system in this case defers to gnu-build-
system, which ought to insert -jN as you described.

It could be that the package(s) you build have disabled parallel tests
for some reason (breakage, reproducibility, ...).  If not there would
be issues passing those arguments, which I don't believe the case from
static analysis however.

Cheers,
Liliana