guix-devel

Re: Authenticated Boot and Disk Encryption

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Authenticated Boot and Disk Encryption
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 21:28:35 +0200

Hi Reza,

Reza Housseini <reza.housseini@gmail.com> skribis:

> I came across this blog post
> <https://0pointer.net/blog/authenticated-boot-and-disk-encryption-on-linux.html>
> and was wondering what is the state of authenticated boot and encryption in
> Guix System?

Nothing’s been done wrt. to “authenticated boot” AFAIK (I have
reservations about the concept).

Full disk encryption works but it’s done like in other distros, as
described in the article.  One big failure IMO is the fact that
nothing’s done upon suspend (when closing the laptop lid).  I believe
systemd-homed addresses that properly.

There’s a lot in this article, I’d suggest identifying specific bits to
see whether/how we can implement them in Guix!

Thanks,
Ludo’.