guix-devel

Re: Disarchive update

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Disarchive update
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 21:44:02 +0200

Hi!

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> skribis:

> Then there’s the mcron job that runs it once a day on berlin:
>

> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/commit/?id=27dc74fbe33a9d929b37994e825dc202385f87c0
>
> We could run it as well on bayfront so we have a backup.

I did that without thinking much but it won’t work: as written,
sync-disarchive-db.scm assumes ci.guix.gnu.org substitutes are
authorized, which is not the case on bayfront.

So I suppose we need to do things differently there, such as
fetching/unpacking substitutes straight from sync-disarchive-db.scm
instead of going through the daemon.

I’ll take a look sometime, but it’d be great if someone else did.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.