guix-devel

Issues with v910 of mypy

From: Phil Beadling
Subject: Issues with v910 of mypy
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 17:31:36 +0100

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone had come across the issue with mypy using modular stubs in v910.  As far as I can see installing for example python-types-requests and python-mypy in Guix leads to mypy ignoring the supplemented request stubs provided by the types-requests package.  I've raised this on mypy, but it not really a mypy bug as there solution does work with pip (although other package managers like PDM have reported similar issues):

https://github.com/python/mypy/issues/11395

Was wondering if anyone has
a) experienced the same issue?
b) had a workaround?

I could consider downgrading mypy to the last non-modular stub version if this issue is widely expreienced and there is no immediate workaround from guix or mypy message boards?

As it standards the version in guix is pretty unusable to anyone developing outside of python core library sets and using mypy - we'd be better on a slightly older version that works for now, I think?

Thanks,
Phil.