guix-devel

Re: Accuracy of importers?

From: Lars-Dominik Braun
Subject: Re: Accuracy of importers?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 12:06:02 +0200

Hi Ludo’,

> Right.  PyPI/setup.py/.whl doesn’t contain info as to how to run tests,
> right?
technically setup.py has a standard test target, but it’s been
deprecated for years and it must be enabled manually by the project. I’m
not aware of any standard pyproject.toml approach to this. It might be
possible to parse tox.ini.

> >>    hackage      ?
> >>    stackage     (Lars?)
> > I’ve mostly used the updater, not the importer, so I can’t say a
> > number unfortunately.
> Did the updater suggest input changes?
yes, I added it in 127828ddd74fc950c0403ca58a6f650355e3d67d, but it
cannot update #:cabal-revision, which is a common source for errors. Would
be nice if updaters could just return an entirely new package and the
generic updater code would modify/merge the existing package definition
as needed.

Cheers,
Lars