guix-devel

Re: (rust) Do we always need to package minor versions separately?

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: (rust) Do we always need to package minor versions separately?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 12:40:24 +0100

Am 08.03.22 um 22:01 schrieb Liliana Marie Prikler:
In practice, we assume 0.y.z be compatible with 0.y.a, a < z or the
other way round depending on which direction you're looking at.  I'm
not sure if this is a rust fortification of semver

This is backed by the cargo manual <https://doc.rust-lang.org/cargo/reference/specifying-dependencies.html>:

An update is allowed if the new version number does not modify the left-most non-zero digit in the major, minor, patch grouping.

--
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult, Landshut