guix-devel

Improve the output of `guix refresh -l`

From: Zhu Zihao
Subject: Improve the output of `guix refresh -l`
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 18:22:05 +0800

Hello, Guix!

Inspired by
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=209a3274f8702acd32fa2a489667048ca4ad304b.
I found that the output of `guix refresh -l` for package have many
dependants is not convenient to read.

for example, run `guix refresh -l pango`, The terminal prints:

```
Building the following 2945 packages would ensure 7521 dependent
packages are rebuilt: ......<long long package list>
```

The package list is too long to read, flood my terminal with package
names. It will hide the actual rebuilt count, I have to pipe the output
to less command to make sure I can see it.

What about add an option like `--detail` for `guix refresh -l`?
--
Retrieve my PGP public key:

  gpg --recv-keys D47A9C8B2AE3905B563D9135BE42B352A9F6821F

Zihao