guix-devel

Re: Julia packages on build farms?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Julia packages on build farms?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 14:09:39 +0200

Hi,

On mer., 06 juil. 2022 at 14:33, Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> wrote:

> I added a patch to tbb on 4 July to add support for riscv64 (and maybe
> other architectures) and that caused a rebuild of julia. I have since
> rebuilt all the julia packages locally. I did find that sometimes while
> building all the packages in one go some of them failed and needed to be
> restarted. After 2 rounds all the packages (guix package -A ^julia-)
> built without any issues on x86_64.

Thanks for the explanations.

Instead of,

    guix build $(guix package -A ^julia-)

I use

   guix build -m julia-packages.scm

where julia-packages.scm reads

(use-modules (guix build-system julia)
             (guix packages)
             (guix profiles)
             (gnu packages))

(manifest
 (map package->manifest-entry
      (fold-packages
       (lambda (package result)
         (if (eq? (package-build-system package) julia-build-system)
             (cons package result)
             result))
       '())))

Well, I do not know if it avoids the failure in the “one go” case.

Cheers,
simon