guix-devel

Guix Without Scheme

From: jgart
Subject: Guix Without Scheme
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 00:53:25 -0500

Hi Guixers,

I just wanted to share this presentation that Singpolyma gave titled "Guix
Without Scheme":

https://archive.org/details/singpolyma-guix-without-scheme

Through the course of the presentation, singpolyma demos how to build
a Guix package with javascript as well as lua.

What do people think of leveraging Guile's compiler tower to write Guix
packages in lua, javascript, python, and other languages?

nix perhaps? Might be meta fun to write a Guix package in a guile implemented
nix frontend.

Maybe we should think of Scheme as just one frontend among many to Guile's
compiler tower?

Is it a future goal for Guix to fully support this unique feature?

all best,

jgart