guix-devel

Re: debbugs irritation Was: [WIP Patch] Adding an FHS container to guix

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: debbugs irritation Was: [WIP Patch] Adding an FHS container to guix shell
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 04:18:38 +0000

Hi,

------- Original Message -------
On Wednesday, July 20th, 2022 at 8:20 PM, Csepp wrote:

> I was looking for this patch on issues.guix.gnu.org and could not figure
> out why it's not there and I'd just like to point out that having like 6
> mailing lists with at least two separate indexes is... not great :) I
> appreciate everyone's work on Mumi and Debbugs but... maybe this is an
> avoidable problem?

Err...I was optimistic, as always, in my timing for submitting the complete
patch. So only the draft .diff is in the guix-devel list, nothing on debbugs
yet. Sorry about that! I was going to (and now will) email the original
discussion the the link to the submitted patch series.

Though I also like Mumi, the search can be a bit limiting sometimes when
searching for something like "go". Which made me just realize in such cases
maybe I should put in the path of the files I'm looking for a patch of. But
anyway, I appreciate that search can be difficult with certain words.

And now, please see https://issues.guix.gnu.org/56677 :)