guix-devel

Re: Progress with automating testing of patches

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Progress with automating testing of patches
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 18:34:05 +0200

Hello!

As discussed in Paris, I’m a big fan of qa.guix.gnu.org!  I like that it
shows all the information relevant to packagers and reviewers in a
concise way.

I wonder if it’s due to recent changes since I last looked, but I’m a
bit confused by the numbers in this example:

  https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/58186

The numbers before/after patches don’t match and the lint warnings (nice
addition!) appear to unrelated to the patch at hand.

Any idea what’s going on?

Conversely, <https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/58072> looks fine, for
example.

BTW, Emacs users, I have this key binding that I find useful:

(defun ludo-jump-to-guix-qa-url ()
  "Jump to the QA page of the Debbugs issue at point."
  (interactive)
  (let ((url (concat "https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/";
                     (number-to-string (debbugs-gnu-current-id)))))
    (browse-url url)))

(define-key debbugs-gnu-mode-map (kbd "C-M-j") 'ludo-jump-to-guix-qa-url)

Thanks!

Ludo’.