guix-devel

Re: old style -> new gexp style

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: old style -> new gexp style
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 18:38:19 +0200

Hi,

jgart <jgart@dismail.de> skribis:

> Is anyone working on supporting automating guix package code to newer gexp
> style as a guix style subcommand?

Not that I know of.  At the time, I considered that simplifying inputs
fields was important and had to be automated¹, and I didn’t consider
that ‘arguments’ sexps had to be replaced by gexps.

I think it’s fine to do that incrementally, though an argument against
it is that the inconsistent style makes it harder for newcomers to get
started.

My 2¢,
Ludo’.

¹ https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2021/the-big-change/