guix-devel

Re: Should wsl-boot-program create XDG_RUNTIME_DIR?

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: Should wsl-boot-program create XDG_RUNTIME_DIR?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 05:09:36 +0000

Hi Dan,

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 11:45 AM, dan wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On 11/16/2022 11:00 AM, John Kehayias wrote:
>> At the very least Mesa will need the DirectX headers. That may be it?
>
> According to the document of mesa[1], I believe it's doing more than
> just including headers:
>> The D3D12 driver is a Gallium driver that emits API calls for Microsoft’s
>> D3D12 API
>> instead of targeting a specific GPU architecture.

Right, but that might just need the headers to know the API calls to make. My
quick look at the build option discussions only referenced needing the headers.
I would start there and see how far it gets :)

> Anyway, I could take the effort into investigating if it's gonna work on
> WSL if we add d3d12 support to the gallium3d driver, but I'm afraid I
> don't have the ability to test if it breaks anything on other platform /
> for other use cases.

Well Mesa updates go on core-updates anyway, so there is time (to test). I saw
that Arch, for instance, enables this option in their regular Mesa build, for
what that's worth.

Good luck!