guix-devel

Re: Stratification of GNU Guix into Independent Channels

From: jgart
Subject: Re: Stratification of GNU Guix into Independent Channels
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 05:24:08 +0000

I think we also need a channel manager subcommand:

guix channel add python
guix channel add rust
guix channel add gaming
guix channel add rde
guix channel add guixrus
guix channel add non****
etc.

The above commands would subscribe you to a given trusted Guix channel.

The last three are channels not under the auspices of GNU but I think that this
`guix channel` subcommand should allow you to extend the Guix "channel webring"
as you like.

Just another (un)related idea that I'd like to see someday.

all best,

jgart