guix-devel

Re: Golang go-updates feature branch?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Golang go-updates feature branch?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 20:38:14 -0500

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 10:11:09AM -0700, Katherine Cox-Buday wrote:
> I also think this is a fantastic idea, and like John, I think mesa is another
> good candidate (and not only because I recently would have benefited from
> this).

Yeah, mesa is *the* archetypal package for the 'staging' branch, since
its reverse dependency graph is too big to rebuild on the 'master'
branch but it's not a "core" package. If we do go down that road, we
will still need to be judicious about how often we do it. Mesa has ~4000
dependents and we don't want to boil the ocean.

Before we can continue, I / we have to debug the patches I sent a few
messages ago:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-01/msg00131.html

Paging guix-sysadmin for assistance...