guix-devel

Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming

From: Aleksandr Vityazev
Subject: Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 21:33:56 +0300

On 2023-05-09, 16:41 +0100, Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> wrote:

>> I also use visionfive2 as my build machine. Quite happy with it.  I have
>> a fairly large heatsink installed without a fan, the temperature does
>> not exceed 60 degrees at full load.
>>
>>> Cool, well let me know if any of those can be hooked up to the build
>>> farm. It's quite easy and obviously you can still use them (and just
>>> stop the build coordinator agent) if you need to.
>>>

>> I'd give it a try. Although now there is only a 256GB ssd plugged in and
>> no dedicated ip address. I don't know how the coordinator works, maybe
>> it doesn't matter, I need to see how it all works.
>
> Cool :) 256GB is enough storage space, and there's no requirement for a
> dedicated IP address.

I built guix-build-coordinator-agent-only version 0-75.d6ae42. Right now
my system is on commit - 896982f357034e3e53fe05f86c416835adffda0c. Doing
guix pull from 3f02f7d937a862d98367029e2d3506b228c6c80e, this will take
a while. If the agent version is not important I can try to run the
service.

--
Best regards,
Aleksandr Vityazev