guix-devel

Re: Updates for Go

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Updates for Go
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 10:53:09 -0700

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 9:11 AM Katherine Cox-Buday
<cox.katherine.e@gmail.com> wrote:

> the immediate emphasis should be on making bringing
> our Go ecosystem onto a supported version of Go

>From my experience of packaging Gocryptfs in Debian and here, perhaps
some reconsideration should be given to the widely unpopular idea of
using more package functions in Guix. Ending in asterisks, they would
allow packagers, and perhaps even automated tools, to select exactly
the particular versions or commits specified for each prerequisite in
go.mod.

Thank you for all your efforts in making Guix better for everyone!

Kind regards
Felix