guix-devel

Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:31:55 +0000

> I feel like the advantages of a email-based workflow nowadays is more on
> the maintainer side of things (as managing large projects is easier

another thing worth pointing out here is that the harder it is to test a
submitted patchset locally, the fewer non-committer reviews will happen.

and if all the review work rests on the shoulders of the committers, then
there'll be long response times on submissions, or straight out
forgotten/ignored submissions (khm). especially if it's about some hw or some
sw that none of the committers care about, or could test locally (e.g. Trezor
support: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/65037 that doesn't even build in master).

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39