guix-devel

Re: CI job for lisp-team branch

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant
Subject: Re: CI job for lisp-team branch
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 12:31:39 +0000

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> skribis:

> On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 03:47:01PM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
>>
>> I commented on IRC but figured I should post to the mailing list.
>>
>> I tested sbcl@2.3.8 on riscv64-linux and the build failed in the contrib
>> section. I see the patch was removed, presumably because it was included
>> in the upstream release. When I finish my current build target(s) I'll
>> see what needs to be done there.
>
> Re-adding the patch failed hard when applying the patch. I tested
> downgrading sbcl to 2.3.7 and that built everything without any trouble
> on riscv64-linux.

The patch was a backport from upstream (commit
8704f528f227f587d0e06dfd2f807aeca7a69a71), so it is already in the
sources for sbcl 2.3.8.

What error do you get when building on riscv64? Maybe we could report it
upstream as I have not seen anything about riscv64 fixes in the commit
history of sbcl since version 2.3.8.