guix-devel

Re: Failed to build in QA

From: Reza Housseini
Subject: Re: Failed to build in QA
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 14:40:40 +0200

This is probably down to a top level circular dependency. In particular,
trying to paraview to compute the version to form part of the
native-search-path at the top level causes problems.

I'm wondering why it builds fine locally but causes problems in QA have you any pointers what might be the difference?

Making openfoam have LD_LIBRARY_PATH as a search path seems like the
incorrect use of search paths though, since you're searching for
something in the same package. Replacing this with wrapping would be an
improvement, although still I'm unsure why LD_LIBRARY_PATH would need
setting in this case
Hmm maybe you are right, will try to wrap the binaries instead...